Modern Essentials - September 2016 8th Edition
This popular hardcover book is truly one of a kind.̴Ì_Modern Essentials: A Contemporary Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils is the̴Ì_perfect for anyone wanting to learn about essential oils and their everyday uses. It is̴Ì_the̴Ì_definitive guide, whether you are a new or an experienced essential oils user. Its simple, easy-to-use format has become the most accessible way to quickly find the information you need: which essential oils to use for hundreds of health conditions and how to safely and effectively apply them. This book is a must for any aromatherapy library.
Features of the New Edition:
- Stunning new cover and page designs with more full-color photographs, descriptive charts, and illustrations.
- New oils and blends throughout the book.
- New body systems symbol within the book to highlight different body systems affected by the oils.
- New section on "Plants and Essential Oils"why and how plants create essential oils.
- New section on "Essential Living for a Balanced, Healthy Life," including new sub-section on "Nutrition and Exercise" and how essential oils can help support good nutrition and a physically active lifestyle.
- "Single Essential Oils" and "Essential Oil Blends" sections feature a "Quick Facts" box for simple reference on the basics of any oil or blend.
- "The Science and Application of Essential Oils" section enhances knowledge with illustrations and explanations on essential oils, benefits, historical background, safety information, and more.
- Easy-to-understand definitions follow each medical condition listed in the "Personal Usage Guide" section.
- "Essential Living and Spa" chapter discusses personal care products such as shampoos and lotions.
- Hundreds of research studies added as footnote references throughout the book.
- Listings of all of the essential oils and blends include chemical constituents, historical uses, application suggestions, safety data, and more.
- "Personal Guide" section offers an easy-to-use format on how essential oils are commonly used to support the body for hundreds of common disorders, like acne, to more serious illnesses, like diabetes.
- Illustrated charts display information on topics such as auricular points, reflex hand and foot therapy, the autonomic nervous system, among others.
- "Additional Notes" blank pages for personal observations and reference appear after the sections on "Single Essential Oils," "Essential Oil Blends," and "Essential Oil-Inspired Wellness Supplements."